Difference between revisions of "United States House of Representatives Committee on Ethics"
m (→2011-2012 (112th Congress))
|Line 34:||Line 34:|
Revision as of 11:04, 10 December 2012
The committee was created 1967.
2011-2012 (112th Congress)
|Committee on Ethics Members, 2011-2012|
|Democratic members (5)||Republican members (5)|
|• Linda T. Sánchez (California) Ranking member||• Jo Bonner (Alabama) Chair|
|• John Yarmuth (Kentucky)||• Michael McCaul (Texas)|
|• Donna Edwards (Maryland)||• Mike Conaway (Texas)|
|• Pedro Pierluisi (Puerto Rico)||• Charles Dent (Pennsylvania)|
|• Joe Courtney (Connecticut)||• Gregg Harper (Mississippi)|
According to the official House website, the jurisdiction of the Ethics Committee includes the following:
- Recommend administrative actions to establish or enforce standards of official conduct.
- Investigate alleged violations of the Code of Official Conduct or of any applicable rules, laws, or regulations governing the performance of official duties or the discharge of official responsibilities. Such investigations must be made in accordance with Committee rules .
- Report to appropriate federal or state authorities substantial evidence of a violation of any law applicable to the performance of official duties that may have been disclosed in a Committee investigation. Such reports must be approved by the House or by an affirmative vote of two-thirds of the Committee.
- Render advisory opinions regarding the propriety of any current or proposed conduct of a Member, officer, or employee, and issue general guidance on such matters as necessary.
- Consider requests for written waivers of the gift rule (clause 5 of House Rule XXV)
1015 Longworth House Office Building (LHOB)
Washington, DC 20515