For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, will be limited. Select races will be covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
United States House of Representatives elections in Montana, 2014
November 4, 2014
June 3, 2014
Cook Political Report: Likely R
The incumbent heading into the election is Steve Daines (R), who was first elected in 2012.
In the 2012 election Steve Daines secured election by a 10.5% margin of victory. The district has been evaluated as leaning republican, receiving a Partisan Voter Index of from the Cook Political Report. In 2012, the incumbent, Denny Rehberg chose not to run for re-election so that he could compete for the senate seat up for election. As a result Steve Daines and Kim Gillian ran against each for the open seat. The district was listed in the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee's "Red to Blue List," which identifies districts that the organization has specifically targeted to flip from Republican to Democratic control. Steven Daines was able to outspend his opponent, Kim Gillian, spending $2,021,596, which is close to twice the $991,016 she did.
Heading into the November 4 election, the Republican Party holds the one congressional seat from Montana.
|Members of the U.S. House from Montana -- Partisan Breakdown|
|Party||As of November 2014||After the 2014 Election|
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.General election candidates
June 3, 2014, primary results
Declined to run
|U.S. House, Montana, At-Large District General Election, 2012|
|Source: Montana Secretary of State "2012 Election Center"|
|United States House, Montana General Election, 2010|
|Republican||Denny Rehberg Incumbent||60.4%||217,696|
- Cook Political Report, "2014 House Race Ratings for August 8, 2014," accessed August 25, 2014
- FairVote's Monopoly Politics, "2014 House Projections," accessed August 25, 2014
- Sabato's Crystal Ball, "2014 House Races," accessed August 25, 2014
- National Conference of State Legislatures Website, "State Primary Election Types," accessed January 6, 2014
- Fair Vote, "Congressional and Presidential Primaries: Open, Closed, Semi-Closed, and 'Top Two,'" accessed January 6, 2014
- Ballotpedia research conducted December 26, 2013, through January 3, 2014, researching and analyzing various state websites and codes.
- DCCC, "Red to Blue 2012"
- Open Secrets "2012 Race: Montana District 01" Accessed March 2013
- Washington Post, "Former Baucus state director files paperwork for House race," accessed August 26, 2013
- USA Today, "EMILY's List president not running for Senate," accessed July 31, 2013
- The Hill, "Rehberg eyes bid for former House seat," accessed January 3, 2014
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"