United States House of Representatives elections in Rhode Island, 2014
September 9, 2014
|Candidate Filing Deadline||Primary Election||General Election|
Primary: Rhode Island has a closed primary system, in which the selection of a party's candidates in a primary election is limited to registered members of that party.
Voter registration: Pending
- See also: Rhode Island elections, 2014
Heading into the November 4 election, the Democratic Party holds both of the two congressional seats from Rhode Island.
|Members of the U.S. House from Rhode Island -- Partisan Breakdown|
|Party||As of July 2014||After the 2014 Election|
Heading into the 2014 election, the incumbents for the two congressional districts are:
|James R. Langevin||Democratic||2|
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.
- David Cicilline - Incumbent
- Matthew Fecteau
- Cormick Lynch
- Stanford Tran
- Joseph Zuccolo
Failed to file
- Rhode Island Secretary of State, "Candidates for Representative In Congress District 1," accessed June 25, 2014
- Providence Journal, "Republican Cormick Lynch mounts challenge for Rep. Cicilline’s seat in Congress," accessed April 24, 2014
- Providence Journal, "Cumberland man announces run for Congress in R.I.'s 1st District," accessed September 11, 2013
- Providence Journal, "Newcomer Republican Reis to challenge Democrat incumbent Rep. Langevin," accessed January 25, 2014
- Rhode Island Secretary of State, "Candidates for Representative In Congress District 2," accessed June 25, 2014