Difference between revisions of "United States Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs"
m (Update for 113th congress)
|Line 2:||Line 2:|
The committee chair in the [[
The committee chair in the [[United States Congress|Congress]] is [] ([[|]]).
Revision as of 10:11, 18 January 2013
2011-2012 (112th Congress)
|Committee on Veterans' Affairs Members, 2011-2012|
|Democratic members (8)||Republican members (7)|
|• Patty Murray (Washington) Chair||• Richard Burr (North Carolina) Ranking member|
|• John D. Rockefeller IV (West Virginia)||• Johnny Isakson (Georgia)|
|• Daniel K. Akaka (Hawaii)||• Roger Wicker (Mississippi)|
|• Bernard Sanders (Vermont)||• Mike Johanns (Nebraska)|
|• Sherrod Brown (Ohio)||• Scott Brown (Massachusetts)|
|• Jim Webb (Virginia)||• Jerry Moran (Kansas)|
|• Jon Tester (Montana)||• John Boozman (Arkansas)|
|• Mark Begich (Alaska)|
|Bernard Sanders is an Independent but caucuses with Democrats, hence he has been counted in that column.|
According to the official Senate website, the jurisdiction of the Veterans' Affairs Committee includes the following:
- Compensation of veterans.
- Life insurance issued by the Government on account of service in the Armed Forces.
- National cemeteries.
- Pensions of all wars of the United States, general and special.
- Readjustment of servicemen to civil life.
- Soldiers' and sailors' civil relief.
- Veterans' hospitals, medical care and treatment of veterans.
- Veterans' measures generally.
- Vocational rehabilitation and education of veterans.
412 Russell Senate Bldg.
Washington, DC 20510
Phone: (202) 224-9126