United States Senate elections in Alabama, 2014
November 4, 2014
June 3, 2014
Cook Political Report: Solid R
Sabato's Crystal Ball: Safe R
The election will fill the Senate seat currently held by Jeff Sessions (R). Sessions was first elected in 1996.
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.
|U.S. Senate, Alabama General Election, 2010|
|Republican||Richard Shelby Incumbent||65.3%||968,181|
|U.S. Senate, Alabama General Election, 2008|
|Republican||Jeff Sessions Incumbent||63.4%||1,305,383|
|Democratic||Vivian Davis Figures||36.6%||752,391|
- United States House of Representatives elections in Alabama, 2014
- United States Senate elections, 2014
- Cook Political Report, "2014 SENATE RACE RATINGS FOR JULY 18, 2014," accessed July 28, 2014
- Sabato's Crystal Ball, "2014 Senate Races," accessed July 28, 2014
- National Conference of State Legislatures Website, "State Primary Election Types," accessed January 6, 2014
- Fair Vote, "Congressional and Presidential Primaries: Open, Closed, Semi-Closed, and 'Top Two,'" accessed January 6, 2014
- Ballotpedia research conducted December 26, 2013, through January 3, 2014, researching and analyzing various state websites and codes.
- 'U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"
- 'U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 4, 2008"