United States Senate elections in Arkansas, 2014
November 4, 2014
May 20, 2014
Cook Political Report: Toss Up
Sabato's Crystal Ball: Toss Up
The election will fill the Senate seat currently held by Mark Pryor (D). Pryor was first elected in 2002 and is running for re-election in 2014.
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.
- Mark Pryor - Incumbent
- Mark Darr - Current Lieutenant Governor of Arkansas
- Tom Cotton - U.S. Representative, Arkansas, District 4
Most vulnerable seats
The FiscalTimes compiled a list of the seven most vulnerable Senate seats up for election in 2014. The seven included in the list are: Alaska, Arkansas, Iowa, Louisiana, North Carolina, South Dakota, and West Virginia. Going into the 2014 election, all seven seats are held by Democrats.
Democrat Mark Pryor likely faces some competition from Lt. Gov. Mark Darr (R) who appears likely to jump into the race after ruling out a gubernatorial bid. However, some speculation still exists among Republicans that Rep. Tom Cotton will be the Republican challenger instead.
|U.S. Senate, Arkansas General Election, 2008|
|Democratic||Mark Pryor Incumbent||79.5%||804,678|
- United States House of Representatives elections in Arkansas, 2014
- United States Senate elections, 2014
- Cook Political Report, "2014 SENATE RACE RATINGS FOR JULY 18, 2014," accessed July 28, 2014
- Sabato's Crystal Ball, "2014 Senate Races," accessed July 28, 2014
- National Conference of State Legislatures Website, "State Primary Election Types," accessed January 6, 2014
- Fair Vote, "Congressional and Presidential Primaries: Open, Closed, Semi-Closed, and 'Top Two,'" accessed January 6, 2014
- Ballotpedia research conducted December 26, 2013, through January 3, 2014, researching and analyzing various state websites and codes.
- Arkansasonline, "Darr won’t run for governor in ’14, backs Hutchinson," February 12, 2013
- Talk Business, "McDaniel Releases Internal Poll: Winning Primary, Trouble in General," December 13, 2012
- The City Wire, "Lt. Gov. Darr leaning toward U.S. Senate bid," February 18, 2013
- Fox News, "Arkansas Rep. Cotton leaves the door open for Senate run in 2014," January 25, 2013
- Fiscal Times " 7 Senate Seats Most at Risk—Hint: They’re All Blue" Accessed February 15, 2013
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 4, 2008"