United States Senate elections in Mississippi, 2014
November 4, 2014
June 3, 2014
Cook Political Report: Likely R
Sabato's Crystal Ball: Safe R
Mississippi is one of 21 states with a mixed primary system. Voters do not have to register with a party, but they must intend to support the party nominations if they vote in the primary election.
The election will fill the Senate seat currently held by Thad Cochran (R). Cochran was first elected in 1978.
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.
|U.S. Senate, Mississippi General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Albert N. Gore, Jr.||40.6%||503,467|
|Source: Mississippi Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
|U.S. Senate General Election, Mississippi, 2008|
|Republican||Thad Cochran Incumbent||61.4%||766,111|
- United States House of Representatives elections in Mississippi, 2014
- United States Senate elections, 2014
- Cook Political Report, "2014 Senate Race Ratings for August 22, 2014," accessed August 25, 2014
- Sabato's Crystal Ball, "2014 Senate Races," accessed August 25, 2014
- Mississippi Election Code, "Section 23-15-575," accessed January 3, 2014
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 4, 2008" Accessed November 3, 2011