Updated: Los Angeles voters decide on ballot measures, mayors and school boards
Update 12:30 PT, May 22: Antonio Sanchez concedes L.A. school board race to Monica Ratliff.
Update 6am PT, May 22: "Monica Ratliff defeated Antonio Sanchez for the 6th District seat on the Los Angeles school board, preliminary results show," said the Los Angeles Times.
Update 9pm PT: Polls are closed and results are rolling in. Los Angeles Unified School District results below.
SACRAMENTO, California: Election day is here for City of Los Angeles voters. May 21st marks the sixth date in 2013 when local ballot measure elections are scheduled to take place in California. Polls open at 7 am and close at 8 pm PT. Today voters will decide on ballot measures, mayors and school boards. Below are quick links to each of those issues.
Three seats on the board of the Los Angeles Unified School District are up for election in 2013, covering Districts 2, 4 and 6. Incumbents Mónica García and Steve Zimmer won Districts 2 and 4. District 6, however, remained pending following the March 5 elections.
Incumbent Nury Martinez did not run for re-election in District 6, campaigning instead for the District 6 seat on the Los Angeles City Council. Antonio Sanchez and Monica Ratliff emerged as the top two candidates in the March 5 elections. Both will face-off in today's elections. In the March primary, 44% of voters voted for Sanchez, while 34% selected Ratliff. Through May 15, 2013, a total of $244,298.17 has been contributed to all direct candidate campaign committees in 2013 school board elections. An additional $2 million had been spent via independent expenditure; all independent expenditures were spent on behalf of just one District 6 candidate, Antonio Sanchez. Click here for more campaign finance details.
- Ballot measures:
- Mayoral elections:
- School boards:
- Los Angeles Unified School District elections (2013), District 6 runoff election between Monica Ratliff and Antonio Sanchez.
|Los Angeles Unified School District 6, 2013|
|Source: Office of the City Clerk of Los Angeles. These are the final results.|
- Los Angeles Unified School District elections (2013)
- May 21, 2013 election in California
- Local ballot measures, California
- Los Angeles County, California ballot measures
- Los Angeles Times,"Antonio Sanchez concedes L.A. school board race to Monica Ratliff," May 22, 2013
- Los Angeles Times,"L.A. mayor's race: It's Eric Garcetti by wide margin," May 22, 2013
- Los Angeles Times,"Ratliff holding slim lead in LAUSD race," May 22, 2013
- Daily News,"LAUSD board: Antonio Sanchez trails Monica Ratliff in San Fernando Valley district," May 21, 2013