- 1 "To do list"
- 2 Categories
- 3 Maine
- 4 Organizing the Ballotpedia law project
- 5 State laws governing initiatives
- 6 Ballot access law cases
- 7 Glad you like it :)
- 8 Hello, I would like to work on the Donor List page.
- 9 Ballot Measure Donors
- 10 State Committee Completion Chart
- 11 Ballot news
- 12 Veto referendum categories
- 13 A few things:
- 14 A few things:
"To do list"
Sure, I'd be glad to work on a larger scale project. Just let me know.
Hi January, I started a "Ballotpedia:To do list" in the hopes that it will provide an easy way for people unfamiliar with BP to start adding and/or organizing content. I think it can also serve as a touchpoint for regular BP contributors to make sure they are all on the same wavelength. Let me know what you think! Gardengnome
| * Arizona pages per your suggestion : I would support creating a "path to the ballot" style article as a post-election clean-up campaign, as Arizona had a tremendous problem this year with the submission of invalid certificates. But I think the focus for the next three weeks should be to continue to monitor and provide information that helps citizens make an informed decision about their ballots. Just my two cents. azdavidpedia 17:42, 17 October 2008 (UTC)
Hey there= You edited Maine Ballot Measures 2008 and added an erroneous catagory, the Bond Issue. This was placed on the June 10th ballot by the Secretary of State - never posted by the Election Commission - and already passed by the legislature Was already ratified by voters in the primary elections. Since this was not a citizen initiative or veto referendum but a ratification by law, it probably should have had a separate posting. However this was before my time. As it stands, I have put information on it's page that you initiated. Will remove it from Nov 08 election ballot chart and put it in a new catagory: State Initated Referendums. Think that should solve this. Jan Forbes, July 31, 2008 10:50 pm
Hi January, I wonder if you'd consider adding more information to your main user page about the articles you think we need on BP.
- Citizens Insurance shall be reformed as a mutual ownership private company
- Comprehensive Health Care Service for All Persons
- Florida's Billboard Amendment
- End Corporate Welfare
- Extending sales tax to non-taxed services where exclusion fails to serve public purposes
-Thanks for your help! Kristinpedia, Dec. 13, 2007 3:21pm
ta-da! Laylaw 23:25, 18 March 2008 (EDT)
Ta-da! -Kristinpedia, 21 March 2008, 4:32 p.m. CST
Thank you! These awards are going to be fun. January
Glad you like it :)
The page was just empty without his grinning face on there.--Chance 11:52, 1 August 2008 (CDT)
Hello, I would like to work on the Donor List page.
I would like to add articles for the the Category:Ballot measure donors. I am looking for some guidance on how to do this. Thanks--Johnwynnejr 22:49, 27 March 2009 (CDT)
Ballot Measure Donors
I am extremely into this idea about writing to ballot measure donors. Is there anyway that you could put me in charge of the ballot measure donor project? Also, again I just don't have a clue as to how to navigate the FEC website. I thought that maybe you do based on your writing. Thanks--Johnwynnejr 21:09, 8 April 2009 (CDT)
State Committee Completion Chart
Ballotpedia:Wikiproject State Committee Completion ChartMkeeney 13:42, 12 August 2009 (CDT)
Great idea! I love it. I'll definitely use it for the state ballot measure articles. BaileyL 13:08, 18 October 2009 (CDT)
I was able to successfully ad the box to the [State 2009 ballot measure] articles but unfortunately when I added it to the individual articles it appears to interfere with the references section. Is there anyway to fix this? (BaileyL 15:16, 20 October 2009 (CDT))
Veto referendum categories
I am working on the lists of categories by state. To effectively put these lists together, I must re-do the veto referendum categories. (Category:Veto referendum, STATE and Category:Veto referendum, YEAR) I stand by my work. I am not going to undo my edits to your veto referendum categories. I do not see any other way to get my lists done.
Off topic: I re-do categories sets all of the time and get them into shape.
--Johnwynnejr 19:30, 15 January 2010 (CST)
A few things:
A few things:
1. I've offered to discuss and/or debate this with you. You haven't shown much interest in either.
2. I stand by my work. Overlapping categories are something that I disagree with. That standard of categories on this website is - Category:Topic, State and Category:Topic, Year. Your organization in this case does not fit that.
3. You are an administrator like me. I don't believe you can demote my status.
4. If I discussed potential changes with creators, I would spend just about all of my time discussing, not editing. (You would also)
5. The reason that I am doing this in the first place is to finish the List of veto referendum ballot measures by state. With the current categories, it is very difficult to determine which vetoes are in which state. I'd like to get it finished and move on. (You would also)
--Johnwynnejr 20:29, 15 January 2010 (CST)