V. George Carey
|V. George Carey|
|Delaware House of Representatives District 36|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
|Profession||President, Carey Farms Inc|
In December 2009, he announced he would not be seeking re-election.
Carey is the President of Carey Farms Incorporated.
He is involved with the Delaware Farm Bureau, Delmarva Poultry Improvement Association, Friends of Milford and Milton Libraries, Milford/Milton Chambers of Commerce, Milford/Milton Historical Societies, and Slaughter Neck Methodist Church.
- Agriculture Committee
- Capital Improvement Committee, Delaware General Assembly
- Capital Infrastructure Committee
- Energy Committee
- Natural Resources Committee
Carey's sponsored legislation includes:
For details and a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
Carey did not seek re-election to the 36th District seat in 2010.
On November 4, 2008, Carey won re-election to the Delaware House of Representatives from Delaware's 36th District. Carey ran unopposed in the election, and he received 8,963 votes. Carey raised $18,140 for his campaign.
Below are Carey's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|DE Racing Assoc||$600|
|DE State Education Assoc||$600|
|Home Builders Assoc of DE||$600|
|Assoc Builders & Contractors||$600|
|Lynn McColley Sunnybrae Mansion Farm||$500|
- Delaware House of Representatives - Rep. V. George Carey
- Minority Caucus website - George Carey
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart bio
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000
- State Surge profile - legislative and voting track record
|Delaware House District 36
| Succeeded by|
Harvey R. Kenton