|Texas House of Representatives, District 47|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Bolton has worked as a substitute teacher in the Austin Independent School District from 2003-2004, and was Training Director for the National Center on Domestic and Sexual Violence.
She is a member of many organizations, including the Austin Area Human Services Association, Austin Women in Housing, Texas Freedom Network, Austin Community Foundation, Austin Women's Political Caucus, Beaumont Young Women's Christian Association Board, Bridge to Opportunity Board, and the First Baptist Church.
On her website Bolton addresses two main areas, "Educating our Children" and "Healthy Families," and explains her positions: Educating Our Children
- "We need a tax structure that is fair and balanced so that we can afford to increase funding for public education."
- "We must be able to offer competitive salaries to our teachers."
- "We must raise our current graduation rate up from the nations’ lowest to a respectable top 20 ranking."
- "I am fully committed to ensuring that each child receives a quality public education in Texas. The promise of a free and equitable public education drew many of our ancestors to Texas."
- "Healthy Texans are good for our economy. When children and adults have access to affordable healthcare they are more productive in school and work."
- Access to healthcare for all Texans must be improved.
- "We must evaluate the needs of our seniors and work to restore funding to legitimate programs."
- "We must ensure that every Texan who needs mental health services is able to receive the necessary care."
- County Affairs Committee, Texas House
- Land & Resource Management Committee, Texas House
- Local & Consent Calendars Committee, Texas House
- HB 1001 - Relating to limits on the size of public school classes in prekindergarten, kindergarten, and grades one through four.
- HB 1120 - Relating to limitations on increases in designated tuition charged by certain general academic teaching institutions.
- HB 2051 - Relating to requiring a record vote by each house or committee of the legislature on bills, proposed constitutional amendments, and amendments to bills and proposed constitutional amendments.
- HB 4449 - Relating to the criminal consequences of operating a motorcycle on which a person younger than five is a passenger.
| Texas House of Representatives, District 47 |
2010 General election results
|Paul Workman (R)||29,873||49.67%|
|Valinda Bolton (D)||27,773||46.18%|
|Kris Bailey (L)||2,485||4.13%|
On November 4, 2008, Bolton won re-election to the Texas House of Representatives from Texas's 47th District, defeating Donna Keel (R). Bolton received 45,314 votes in the election while Keel received 43,190 votes. Bolton raised $488,715 for her campaign.
|Texas House of Representatives, District 47|
|Valinda Bolton (D)||45,314||51.19%|
|Donna Keel (R)||43,190||48.80%|
Bolton raised $603,102 for her campaign, while Welch raised 1,286,162 and Schick raised $0.
|Texas House of Representatives, District 47 (2006)|
|Valinda Bolton (D)||26,975|
|Bill Welch (R)||24,447|
|Yvonne Schick (L)||2,265|
Her five largest contributors in 2010 are:
|Mostyn Law Firm||$10,000|
In the 2008 election, Bolton raised a total of $488,715.
Her six largest contributors in 2008 were:
|House Democratic Campaign CMTE||$35,750|
|Texans for Insurance Reform||$21,750|
|Kirk Watson for Texas Senate||$10,000|
|Texans for Economic Development||$10,000|
In the 2006 election, Bolton raised a total of $603,102. 
Her five largest contributors in 2006 were:
|Texans for Insurance Reform||$123,737|
|House Democratic Campaign CMTE of Texas||$14,500|
|Texas Parent PAC||$12,777|
- Valinda Bolton's campaign website
- Texas House of Representatives - Rep. Bolton
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Official Campaign Contributions-Personal
- Official Campaign Contributions-Committee
- Follow The Money, Campaign Contributions: 20102008, 2006
- Freedom Speaks profile
- Texas State Directory profile
- Texas Political Almanac HD 47 page
- Texas Tribune profile & bio
- Vote-TX.org profile
- State Surge profile
- Valinda Bolton on Facebook
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Bolton
- Valinda Bolton Issues
- Texas Legislature - Bills Authored/Joint Authored by Rep. Bolton
- Official Texas Election Results
- Texas House official election results for 2008
- District 47 Texas House candidate funds, 2008
- Texas House official election results for 2006
- District 47 Texas House candidate funds, 2006
- Follow the Money - 2010 contributions to Valinda Bolton
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
- Follow the Money - 2006 Campaign contributions
|Texas House District 47
| Succeeded by|
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |