|New York State Assembly District 77|
|2009 - Present|
|January 7, 2013|
|Years in position||5|
|Per diem||$61/half day and $171/full day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||State University of New York at Albany, 2001|
|Master's||City University of New York, 2009|
Gibson's professional experiences include legislative assistant and district office manager for Assemblywoman Aurelia Greene.
Gibson earned her BA in sociology from the State University of New York at Albany and a MPA in policy analysis and evaluation from Baruch College, City University of New York.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Gibson has been appointed to the following committees:
- Banks Committee, New York State Assembly
- Children and Families Committee, New York State Assembly
- Corporations, Authorities and Commissions Committee, New York State Assembly
- Small Business Committee, New York State Assembly
- Social Services Committee, New York State Assembly
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Gibson served on the following committees:
- Banks Committee, New York Assembly
- Children and Families Committee, New York Assembly
- Cities Committee, New York Assembly
- Small Business Committee, New York Assembly
- Social Services Committee, New York Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2012
Gibson ran in the 2012 election for New York State Assembly District 77. She defeated Anthony Curry in the Democratic primary on September 13, 2012. She also ran on the Working Families Party ticket. She defeated Tanya Carmichael and Devon Morrison in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|New York State Assembly, District 77 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Vanessa Gibson Incumbent||90.2%||3,066|
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
|New York State Assembly, District 77 2010|
|Vanessa Gibson (D)||12,261|
|Tanya Carmichael (R)||362|
|Robert Marrero (C)||148|
In 2010, Gibson received $43,100 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New York State Assembly 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Vanessa Gibson's campaign in 2010|
|Bronx Democratic County Cmte||$3,800|
|New York State United Teachers||$2,800|
|Bronx Unity Democratic Club||$2,740|
|New York State Trial Lawyers||$2,000|
|Service Employees Local 32BJ||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$43,100|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Vanessa + Gibson + New York + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- New York Assembly - Rep. Vanessa Gibson
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- PBiography from Project Vote Smart
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Gibson
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, Candidate Petition List, retrieved August 15, 2012.
- ABC News, "New York unofficial 2012 primary election results," accessed September 13, 2012
- New York Daily News, "32BJ/SEIU Endorses For State Senate, Assembly," August 1, 2012
- New York Times NY state legislative election results
- Follow the Money - 2010 contributions
|New York Assembly District 77
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||