Vermont elections, 2013
Vermont election information for 2013 is listed below.
|On the 2013 ballot|
Exceptions include special elections.
Find current election news and links here.
Voting in Vermont
- See also: Voting in Vermont
Important voting information
- Vermont uses an open primary system, meaning voters are not required to declare a party preference when registering to vote.
- The deadline for voter registration is 5:00 pm on the Wednesday preceding the election.
- As of March 2014, Vermont is one of the 35 states that have not implemented online voter registration.
- See also: Absentee voting by state
For information about eligibility, deadlines, military and overseas voting and updates to the voting laws in Vermont, please visit our absentee voting by state page.
- See also: Early voting
Vermont is one of 34 states that has early voting with no specific requirements as to who can vote early. Early voting begins 45 days before an election and ends on the day prior to election day. The average number of days prior to an election that voters can cast an early ballot is 21 days in states with a definitive starting date.
Elections Performance Index
Vermont ranked 38th out of the 50 states and District of Columbia in the Pew Charitable Trusts' Elections Performance Index (EPI), based on the 2010 elections. The EPI examines election administration performance and assigns an average percentage score based on 17 indicators of election performance. These indicators were chosen to in order to determine both the convenience and integrity of these three phases of an election: registration, voting and counting. Vermont received an overall score of 59%.
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- Pew Charitable Trusts, Election Performance Index Report
State of Vermont
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Food & Markets | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Board |