|New Mexico Senate District 34|
|2005 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2008|
|First elected||November 2, 2004|
|Master's||Western New Mexico University|
|Birthday||April 11, 1945|
|Place of birth||San Angelo, TX|
Asbill was Budget Chair on the Artesia City Council from 1986 to 1988. He was a Teacher for Artesia High School from 1970 to 1979. He was Assistant Principal of that same school from 1979 to 1984. He then worked as Principal for Zia Intermediate School from 1984 to 1988. Asbill was Superintendent of Schools for Cloudcraft Municipal Schools from 1984 to 1992. He was then Superintendent for Carlsbad from 1992 to 2003.
Asbill earned his BA from McMurry University in 1968. He went on to receive his MBA from Western New Mexico University in 1978.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Asbill served on these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Asbill served on these committees:
- See also: New Mexico State Senate elections, 2012
Asbill raised $5,850 for his campaign.
Listed below are the largest contributors to Vernon Asbill's 2008 campaign.
|Mescalero Apache Tribe||$1,000|
|Navajo Refining Co.||$1,000|
Asbill and his wife, Kate, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Vernon + Asbill + New + Mexico + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Biography from the New Mexico Legislature website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004
- Voting record from New Mexico Votes.org
|New Mexico State Senate District 34
| Succeeded by|
Ron Griggs (R)