|Candidate for Wisconsin State Assembly District 37
Milbrath is a co-owner of Family Resources Associates, Inc. She is a Licensed Professional Counselor and Nationally Certified Counselor. She also was Jefferson County Sheriff's deputy for eleven years, and has been a volunteer for the Red Cross and Salvation Army during natural disasters.<refMilbrath's campaign website biography</ref>
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2010
Milbrath ran in the 2010 election for Wisconsin State Assembly District 37. Milbrath was defeated by Democratic incumbent Andy Jorgensen in the general election on November 2, 2010. Milbrath was unopposed in the Republican primary election on September 14, 2010.
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 37 General Election (2010)|
|Andy Jorgensen (D)||11,908|
|Vicki Milbrath (R)||10,895|
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 37 Republican Primary (2010)|
|Vicki L. Milbrath (R)||5,103||99.71%|
Milbreth lists on her website, the following issues as important:
- State spending - "I will fight for fiscal responsibility."
- State budget -"I pledge to vote NO on any raids of segregated funds."
- Jobs - "government DOES NOT create jobs; rather the government creates an atmosphere that is good for business."
- Taxes - "I will fight to lower taxes."
- High speed rail - "The High Speed Rail is too much money for the citizens of the 37th District to bear."
- Education - "Unfunded and underfunded mandates from the State are detrimental to area districts. "
- Second amendment - "I also support the right to concealed carry. The right to keep and bear arms is guaranteed by the United States’ Constitution;"
- Healthcare - "I am opposed to the Federal Government’s takeover of healthcare..."
- Traditional family values - "I believe marriage is between a man and a woman. I do not believe in abortion or embryonic stem-cell research."
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |