|Alabama House of Representatives District 100|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||33|
|Speaker Pro Tempore, Alabama State House of Representatives|
|Per diem||Included in salary|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 5, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Southern Mississippi|
|Master's||University of South Alabama|
|Other||EdD, Auburn University|
|Date of birth||January 15, 1943|
|Place of birth||Mobile, AL|
Gaston is retired. He previously served in the military, worked as a teacher and administrator in the Mobile County Public School System, and also as a timber farmer.
Gaston is a member of the Advisory Council for the Assistance League of Mobile, Auburn University Alumni Association, American Legislative Exchange Council, Home of Grace for Women, Mobile Association of Retarded Citizens, Mobile Mental Health Center, Penelope House, Phi Delta Kappa, and Deacon at the Springhill Baptist Church.
Gaston did not provide answers to the Alabama State Legislative Election 2006 National Political Awareness Test. The test provides voters with how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
Gaston has been appointed to these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Mobile County Legislation Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Rules Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Subcommittee on Special Order Calendars
- Transportation, Utilities and Infrastructure Committee, Alabama House of Representatives, Vice Chair
- Ways and Means General Fund Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Subcommittee on Appropriations
- Subcommittee on Transportation and Infrastructure, Chair
Gaston won re-election to the 100th District Seat in 2010. He had no opposition.
Gaston raised $98,793 for his campaign.
In 2006, Gaston collected $98,793 in donations.
Below are Gaston's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2006 election:
|AL Road Builders Assoc||$5,000|
|Medical Assoc of the State of AL||$3,000|
|Fine Geddie & Associates||$3,000|
|AL State Employees Assoc||$2,500|
|Business Council of AL||$2,500|
Gaston and his wife Jean have two children.
- Alabama Legislature - Victor Gaston
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2002, 1998
- Alabama House Republican Caucus
|Alabama House District 100
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|