|Alabama House of Representatives District 100|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||33|
|Speaker Pro Tempore, Alabama State House of Representatives|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Southern Mississippi|
|Master's||University of South Alabama|
|Other||EdD, Auburn University|
|Date of birth||January 15, 1943|
|Place of birth||Mobile, AL|
|Profession||Teacher and administrator|
Gaston is retired. He previously worked as a teacher and administrator in the Mobile County Public School System and also as a timber farmer. Gaston served in the military.
Gaston served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Mobile County Legislation Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Rules Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Subcommittee on Special Order Calendars
- Transportation, Utilities and Infrastructure Committee, Alabama House of Representatives, Vice Chair
- Ways and Means General Fund Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Subcommittee on Appropriations
- Subcommittee on Transportation and Infrastructure, Chair
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014; a runoff election took place where necessary on July 15, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Incumbent Victor Gaston was unopposed in the Republican primary and was unchallenged in the general election.
Gaston won re-election to the 100th District Seat in 2010. He had no opposition.
Gaston raised $98,793 for his campaign.
In 2010, Gaston raised $75,003 in contributions. 
His five largest contributors were:
|Alabama Trucking Association||$3,000|
|Alabama Optometric Association||$2,500|
|Alabama Academy Of Ophthalmology||$2,000|
|University Of South Alabama||$2,000|
In 2006, Gaston collected $98,793 in donations.
Below are Gaston's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2006 election:
|AL Road Builders Assoc||$5,000|
|Medical Assoc of the State of AL||$3,000|
|Fine Geddie & Associates||$3,000|
|AL State Employees Assoc||$2,500|
|Business Council of AL||$2,500|
Gaston and his wife, Jean, have two children.
Gaston is a member of the Advisory Council for the Assistance League of Mobile, Auburn University Alumni Association, American Legislative Exchange Council, Home of Grace for Women, Mobile Association of Retarded Citizens, Mobile Mental Health Center, Penelope House, Phi Delta Kappa, and deacon at the Springhill Baptist Church.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Victor + Gaston + Alabama + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alabama Legislature - Victor Gaston
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2002, 1998
- Alabama House Republican Caucus
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Republican Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Statewide general election results (Archived), accessed December 13, 2013
- 2006 election results, Alabama
- Alabama House spending, 2006
- followthemoney.org, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money - 2006 Campaign contributions
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Gaston
|Alabama House District 100
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|