|U.S. House, Illinois, District 2|
|Bachelor's||University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign|
|Master's||Governors State University|
|Ph.D.||Masters Graduate School of Divinity|
Jonathan is a pastor of the International Bible fellowship Church and the Apostolic Church. He is also the President of the Organization for Business Equality. He has helped coordinate rallies designed to protest the loss of jobs being outsourced. He also served as the Presdient/CEO of Pixel Information Technology Corporation.
Jonathan's campaign website lists the following issues:
- Excerpt: "He will support legislations that imposes penalty on outsourcing American jobs while thousands of Americans with those skills are unemployed."
- Excerpt: "I will introduce legislations to allow for Crime Prevention Education in our grade schools to teach our young children about actions that constitute crimes and the punishment under the law for such crimes when committed against them or someone else."
- Excerpt: "I promise to support President Obama in making sure that all Americans pay their fare share of federal taxes. We can not run our government without money and the money comes from taxation."
- Excerpt: "Introduce legislation to create new school funding in the poor communities so that all students can have equal access to a first class education."
- Excerpt: "Sponsor legislation that provides equal access to healthcare for all our citizens."
Jonathan ran in the 2013 special election for the U.S. House, representing Illinois' 2nd District. The election was held to replace Jesse Jackson, Jr.. Jonathan lost in the Democratic primary to Robin Kelly.
|U.S. House, Illinois District 2 Special Democratic Primary, 2013|
|Denise Anita Hill||0%||4|
|Source: Results via Illinois State Board of Elections|
|Illinois' 3rd Congressional District, Democratic primary|
|Poll||Debbie Halvorson||Toi Hutchinson||Robin Kelly||Napoleon Harris||Mel Reynolds||Anthony Beale||Other||Undecided||Margin of Error||Sample Size|
|GBA Strategies (January 3-7)||25%||16%||15%||9%||8%||10%||2%||15%||+/-4.4||500|
|Normington-Petts (January 8-10)||16%||12%||8%||7%||7%||5%||5%||40%||+/-4.9||400|
|Note: The polls above may not reflect all polls that have been conducted in this race. Those displayed are a random sampling chosen by Ballotpedia staff. If you would like to nominate another poll for inclusion in the table, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org|
Jonathan is married to evangelist Devonda Hatchett-Onafuye.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Victor + Jonathan + Illinois + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |