For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, will be limited. Select races will be covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Difference between revisions of "Virginia's 9th Congressional District elections, 2012"
|Line 13:||Line 13:|
Revision as of 18:36, 26 September 2012
November 6, 2012
June 12, 2012
|Candidate Filing Deadline||Primary Election||General Election|
Primary: Virginia has an open primary system, in which any registered voter may choose which party's primary to vote in.
- See also: Virginia elections, 2012
Incumbent: Heading into the election the incumbent is Morgan Griffith (R), who was first elected to the House in 2010.
This will be the first election using new district maps based on 2010 Census data. Virginia's 9th congressional district is located in the western portion of the state, and includes Lee, Wise, Dickenson, Buchanan, Scott, Russell, Tazewell, Washington, Smyth, Wythe, Bland, Giles, Craig, Alleghany, Montgomery, Pulaski, Grayson, Carroll, Floyd, and Patrick counties and parts of Henry and Roanoke counties.
Note: Election results were added on election night as races were called. Vote totals were added after official election results had been certified. For more information about Ballotpedia's election coverage plan, click here. If you find any errors in this list, please email: Geoff Pallay.
General election candidates
June 12, 2012,, primary results
Impact of redistricting
- See also: Redistricting in Virginia
Following the 2010 Census, Virginia will be redistricted. The state will remain at 11 congressional seats. Redistricting plans were not solidified by the end of the 2011 session of the Virginia General Assembly.
- 5 percent from the 5th congressional district
- 6 percent from the 6th congressional district
- 90 percent from the 9th congressional district
On November 2, 2010, Morgan Griffith won election to the U.S. House of Representatives, defeating incumbent Rick Boucher (D), Jeremiah D. Heaton (I), and a write-in.
- United States House of Representatives elections in Virginia, 2012
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2012
- United States Senate elections in Virginia, 2012
- Virginia State Board of Elections "2012 November Election Calendar," Accessed July 7, 2012
- Virginia Redistricting Map "Map" Accessed September 25, 2012
- The Roanoke Times "Democrats pick Douglass, Flaccavento to challenge in 5th, 9th Districts," May 20, 2012
- Moonshadow Mobile's CensusViewer "Virginia's congressional districts 2001-2011 comparison"
- Labels & Lists "VoterMapping software voter counts"
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"