Virginia's 9th Congressional District elections, 2012
November 6, 2012
June 12, 2012
|Candidate Filing Deadline||Primary Election||General Election|
Primary: Virginia has an open primary system, in which any registered voter may choose which party's primary to vote in.
- See also: Virginia elections, 2012
Incumbent: Heading into the election the incumbent is Morgan Griffith (R), who was first elected to the House in 2010.
General election candidates
June 12, 2012,, primary results
Impact of redistricting
- See also: Redistricting in Virginia
Following the 2010 Census, Virginia will be redistricted. The state will remain at 11 congressional seats. Redistricting plans were not solidified by the end of the 2011 session of the Virginia General Assembly.
On November 2, 2010, Morgan Griffith won election to the U.S. House of Representatives, defeating incumbent Rick Boucher (D), Jeremiah D. Heaton (I), and a write-in.
- United States House of Representatives elections in Virginia, 2012
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2012
- United States Senate elections in Virginia, 2012