Virginia's 9th Congressional District elections, 2014
November 4, 2014
Cook Political Report: Solid Republican
Sabato's Crystal Ball: Safe R
Heading into the election the incumbent is Morgan Griffith (R), who was first elected in 2010.
Virginia's 9th Congressional District is located in the western portion of the state and includes Lee, Wise, Dickenson, Buchanan, Scott, Russell, Tazewell, Washington, Smyth, Wythe, Bland, Giles, Craig, Alleghany, Montgomery, Pulaski, Grayson, Carroll, Floyd and Patrick counties and parts of Henry and Roanoke counties.
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.General election candidates
Failed to file
|U.S. House, Virginia District 9 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Morgan Griffith Incumbent||61.3%||184,882|
|Source: Virginia State Board of Elections "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
- United States House of Representatives elections in Virginia, 2014
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Cook Political Report, "2014 HOUSE RACE RATINGS FOR AUGUST 8, 2014," accessed August 21, 2014
- Sabato's Crystal Ball, "2014 House Races," accessed August 21, 2014
- Code of Virginia, "Title 24.2, Section 530," accessed June 10, 2014
- Virginia Redistricting Map "Map" accessed September 25, 2012
- William Carr for Congress, "Home," accessed July 17, 2014
- Matthew Edwards, "Home," accessed June 2, 2014
- Commonwealth of Virginia Department of Elections, "List of Candidates," accessed July 24, 2014
- Politico "2012 Election Map, Virginia"
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"