Virginia Commissioner of Labor and Industry
The Commissioner of Labor and Industry is authorized by Title 40, Chapter 1 of the Code of Virginia.
According to Title 4, Chapter 1 of the Code of Virginia, the commissioner is selected by gubernatorial appointment. The Commissioner shall serve at the pleasure of the Governor for a term coincident with that of the Governor.
It is the mission of the Virginia Department of Labor and Industry to make Virginia a better place in which to work, live, and conduct business. Efforts to achieve this goal include promoting safe, healthful workplaces, best employment practices, job training opportunities through registered apprenticeship, the protection of children from hazardous employment, and safe operation of boiler and pressure vessels.
- See also: Compensation of state executive officers
- Virginia Code, "Title 40 Chapter 1," Accessed December 26, 2012
- Virginia Department of Labor and Industry, "The Commissioner's Message," Accessed December 26, 2012
- Virginia Code, "Title 40 Chapter 1," accessed December 26, 2012
- United States Department of Labor, "The Virginia Plan," Accessed December 26, 2012
- Virginia Department of Labor and Industry "Agency Mission" Accessed February 4, 2013
- Council of State Governments, "Table 4.11 Selected state administrative officials: Annual salaries by region," retrieved February 1, 2012