For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Virginia elections, 2012
The state of Virginia is holding elections in 2012. Here are the dates of note:
- Signature filing deadline: March 29, 2012
- Primary date: June 12, 2012
- General election date: November 6, 2012
|What's on the Virginia Ballot in 2012|
|U.S. Senate (1 seat)|
|U.S. House (11 seats)|
|Ballot measures (2 measures)|
Currently, Republicans hold an 8-3 edge in the 11 Congressional districts.
|Members of the U.S. House from Virginia -- Partisan Breakdown|
|Party||As of November 2012||After the 2012 Election|
Eligibility to Vote
- See also: Voting in the 2012 primary elections
Virginia is one of 19 states to use an open primary system. Voters must register to vote in the primary by May 21, 2012, which is 22 days before the primary takes place. (Information about registering to vote)
- See also: Voting in the 2012 general elections
The deadline to register to vote is 22 days prior to the election day, which in 2012 will be October 15.
- Virginia State Board of Elections "Voter Information: Registration Deadlines," Accessed April 19, 2012
- Virginia State Board of Elections "2012 November Election Calendar," Accessed April 19, 2012
- Virgina State Board of Elections "Voter Information Registering to Vote" Accessed May 11, 2012
- Virginia State Board of Elections "Voter ID Requirements in Virginia" Accessed May 11, 2012