Virginia lieutenant gubernatorial election, 2013
State Executive Official Elections
| New Jersey • Virginia • Wisconsin|
|Candidates • News • Calendar|
Incumbent Bill Bolling (R) is not seeking re-election this year. So far, nine candidates have filed to replace him as lieutenant governor, including two Democrats and seven Republicans. The Democratic nominee will be elected at the taxpayer-funded primary election on June 11, and the Republican nominee will be voted on by delegates of the Virginia Republican Party at the party-funded statewide primary convention on May 17-18.
|March 28||Last day to file candidacy for primary election|
|May 17-18||Republican primary convention|
|May 20||Voter registration deadline for primary election|
|June 11||Primary election, last day for non-party candidates to file candidacy|
|June 17||Last day for Independent candidates to file for general election|
|Oct. 15||Voter registration deadline for general election|
|Nov. 5||General election|
The following list of candidates is not official and will continue to be updated until the 2013 candidate filing deadline.
Potential Democratic candidates
- Aneesh Chopra - (Declared)
- Ralph Northam - State Sen. (Declared)
- Kenneth Cooper Alexander - State Sen.
- Paula Miller
Republican convention candidates
- Pete Snyder - Fox News commentator, tech entrepreneur
- Corey Stewart - Chairman of the Prince William County Board of Supervisors
- Scott Lingamfelter - State rep.
- Steve Martin - State Sen.
- Jeannemarie Devolites Davis - Former State Sen.
- Susan Stimpson - Chairwoman of the Stafford County Board of Supervisors
- E.W. Jackson - Chesapeake minister, former U.S. Senate candidate.
- Ralph Northam
- Aneesh Chopra
- Jeannemarie Devolites Davis
- E.W. Jackson
- Scott Lingamfelter
- Steve Martin
- Pete Snyder
- Corey Stewart
- Susan Stimpson
- Washington Post, "Aneesh Chopra to run for Virginia lieutenant governor," July 12, 2012
- Washington Post, "Ex-delegate Paula Miller considering a run for lieutenant governor," May 25, 2012
- The Washington Post, "Snyder raises $450,000 for lieutenant governor bid," January 15, 2013
- Washington Post, "Scott Lingamfelter announces run for lieutenant governor," June 28, 2012
- Washington Post, "Virginia Sen. Stephen Martin plans to run for lt. governor," June 20, 2012
- Village News Online, "State Senator Martin decides to run for Lieutenant Governor of Virginia," June 27, 2012
- Washington Post, "Jeannemarie Devolites-David running for lieutenant governor," September 24, 2012
- The Roanoke Times, "Former Del. Ward Armstrong won't run statewide in 2013," December 12, 2013
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |