Difference between revisions of "Vito Lopez"
|Line 77:||Line 77:|
|Line 177:||Line 181:|
Revision as of 13:31, 17 August 2012
|New York State Assembly District 53|
|1985 - Present|
|January 7, 2013|
|Years in position||30|
|Per diem||$61/half day and $171/full day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Date of birth||06/05/1941|
|Place of birth||Brooklyn, NY|
Lopez's professional experiences include instructor at Yeshiva University, Molloy College, and Empire State College; and part-time adjunct professor of Human Services at LaGuardia College.
Lopez earned a BS in business administration from Long Island University, Brooklyn and MSW from Wurzweiler School of Social Work, Yeshiva University.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Lopez has been appointed to the following committees:
- Economic Development, Job Creation, Commerce and Industry Committee, New York State Assembly
- Housing Committee, New York State Assembly, Chair
- Rules Committee, New York State Assembly
- Social Services Committee, New York State Assembly
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Lopez served on the following committees:
- Economic Development, Job Creation, Commerce and Industry Committee, New York Assembly
- Housing Committee, New York Assembly
- Rules Committee, New York Assembly
- Social Services Committee, New York Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2012
Lopez is running in the 2012 election for New York State Assembly District 53. He is running unopposed in the Democratic primary on September 13, 2012. Richy Garcia is running unopposed in the Republican primary. The general election takes place on November 6, 2012. 
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
|New York State Assembly, District 53 2010|
|Vito Lopez (D)||12,892|
|Byron Orozco (R)||1,481|
On November 4, 2008 Lopez won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 53, defeating opponent Frances Cutrone (R).
Lopez raised $452,552 for his campaign while Cutrone raised $0.
|New York State Assembly, District 53 2008|
|Vito Lopez (D)||25,733|
|Frances Cutrone (R)||1,531|
In 2010, Lopez received $444,064 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New York State Assembly 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Vito Lopez's campaign in 2010|
|Friends Of Carl Kruger||$5,100|
|New York State Supreme Court Officers Association||$4,000|
|All New York Title Agency||$4,000|
|Gigante, Louis R||$3,800|
|Total Raised in 2010||$444,064|
In 2008, a year in which Lopez was up for re-election, he collected $452,552 in donations.
The major contributors were:
|New York State Association for Affordable Housing||$5,345|
|Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker||$4,000|
|11 individual donations each of:||$3,800|
- New York Assembly - Rep. Vito Lopez
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Lopez
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, Candidate Petition List, retrieved August 15, 2012.
- New York Times NY state legislative election results
- Follow the Money's report 2008 Campaign donations in New York
- Follow the Money - 2010 contributions
- 2008 contributions to Vito Lopez
|New York Assembly - District 53
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
State of New York Court of Appeals | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Supreme Courts (Trial Courts) | County Courts | Family Courts | Surrogates' Courts | Court of Claims | District Courts | New York City Civil Court | New York City Criminal Courts | New York City Courts | Problem Solving Courts | Town and Village Courts | Judicial selection in New York |