Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|New York State Assembly District 53|
|1985 - Present|
|January 7, 2013|
|Years in position||30|
|Per diem||$61/half day and $171/full day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Date of birth||06/05/1941|
|Place of birth||Brooklyn, NY|
Lopez's professional experiences include instructor at Yeshiva University, Molloy College, and Empire State College; and part-time adjunct professor of Human Services at LaGuardia College.
Lopez earned a BS in business administration from Long Island University, Brooklyn and MSW from Wurzweiler School of Social Work, Yeshiva University.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Lopez has been appointed to the following committees:
- Economic Development, Job Creation, Commerce and Industry Committee, New York State Assembly
- Housing Committee, New York State Assembly, Chair
- Rules Committee, New York State Assembly
- Social Services Committee, New York State Assembly
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Lopez served on the following committees:
- Economic Development, Job Creation, Commerce and Industry Committee, New York Assembly
- Housing Committee, New York Assembly
- Rules Committee, New York Assembly
- Social Services Committee, New York Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
|New York State Assembly, District 53 2010|
|Vito Lopez (D)||12,892|
|Byron Orozco (R)||1,481|
On November 4, 2008 Lopez won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 53, defeating opponent Frances Cutrone (R).
Lopez raised $452,552 for his campaign while Cutrone raised $0.
|New York State Assembly, District 53 2008|
|Vito Lopez (D)||25,733|
|Frances Cutrone (R)||1,531|
In 2008, a year in which Lopez was up for re-election, he collected $452,552 in donations.
The major contributors were:
|New York State Association for Affordable Housing||$5,345|
|Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker||$4,000|
|11 individual donations each of:||$3,800|
- New York Assembly - Rep. Vito Lopez
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
|New York Assembly - District 53
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |