|New York State Assembly District 32|
|1991 - Present|
|January 7, 2013|
|Years in position||24|
|Per diem||$61/half day and $171/full day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Date of birth||05/23/1937|
|Place of birth||Rock Hill, SC|
Cook graduated from DeFrans Business Institute. She is married to John.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Cook has been appointed to the following committees:
- Codes Committee, New York State Assembly
- Corporations, Authorities and Commissions Committee, New York State Assembly
- Housing Committee, New York State Assembly
- Insurance Committee, New York State Assembly
- Rules Committee, New York State Assembly
- Ways and Means Committee, New York State Assembly
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Cook served on the following committees:
- Codes Committee, New York Assembly
- Corporations, Authorities and Commissions Committee, New York Assembly
- Housing Committee, New York Assembly
- Insurance Committee, New York Assembly
- Rules Committee, New York Assembly
- Ways and Means Committee, New York Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2012
Cook ran in the 2012 election for New York State Assembly District 32. She ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on September 13, 2012. She was unchallenged in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012. 
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Cook ran unopposed in the September 14 Democratic primary. She was unopposed the general election on November 2.
|New York State Assembly, District 32 2010|
|Vivian Cook (D)||18,065|
On November 4, 2008 Cook won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 32. She ran unopposed.
Cook raised $22,815 for her campaign.
|New York State Assembly, District 32 2008|
|Vivian Cook (D)||28,115|
In 2010, Cook received $4,970 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New York State Assembly 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Vivian Cook's campaign in 2010|
|Communications Workers Local 1182||$2,000|
|New York State Association Of Realtors||$1,000|
|Crowley For Congress||$1,000|
|Amalgamated Transit Union New York||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$4,970|
In 2008, a year in which Cook was up for re-election, she collected $22,815 in donations.
The major contributors were:
|New York State Association of Realtors||$1,800|
|New York State United Teachers||$1,640|
|Jamaica Chamber of Commerce||$1,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Vivian + Cook + New York + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- New York Assembly - Rep. Vivian Cook
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Cook
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, Candidate Petition List, retrieved August 15, 2012.
- ABC News, "New York unofficial 2012 primary election results," accessed September 13, 2012
- New York Daily News, "32BJ/SEIU Endorses For State Senate, Assembly," August 1, 2012
- New York Times NY state legislative election results
- Follow the Money's report 2008 Campaign donations in New York
- Follow the Money - 2010 contributions
- 2008 contributions to Vivian Cook
|New York Assembly - District 32
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
State of New York Court of Appeals | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Supreme Courts (Trial Courts) | County Courts | Family Courts | Surrogates' Courts | Court of Claims | District Courts | New York City Civil Court | New York City Criminal Courts | New York City Courts | Problem Solving Courts | Town and Village Courts | Judicial selection in New York |