Difference between revisions of "Vivian Watts"
|Line 120:||Line 120:|
Revision as of 20:08, 11 August 2011
|Virginia House of Delegates District 39|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
Watts has worked as Executive Director of Fairfax Court Appointed Special Advocates, a consultant for the United States Advisory Committee of Intergovernmental Relations, and as an author/researcher for the United States Department of Justice Grant.
Delegate Watts discussing her projects
Watts' answers to the Virginia State Legislative Election 2007 National Political Awareness Test are available. When asked what her top priorities were, she responded:
- 1. Mental health services and procedural reforms to address needs identified as contributing to the Virginia Tech tragedy and the needs of veterans who've experienced brain injuries and post dramatic stress
- 2. Adequate, sustained, dedicated state transportation funding from broad based taxes that at least matches what Northern Virginia is raising locally
- 3. staffing standards for nursing homes funded by taxing estates of over $5 million that are not family farms or wholly owned businesses.
- Courts of Justice
- Criminal Law Subcommittee
- Mental Health Subcommittee
- Constitutional Law Subcommittee
- Subcommittee #2
- Science and Technology
- HB 1895 Estate tax; reinstates federal credit amount State would receive payments from deaths.
- HB 2195 Income tax; in-home health care tax credit.
- HB 2196 Income tax, state; deduction for certified nursing assistants and home health aides. 
Watts is running for re-election to the District 39 seat of the Virginia House of Delegates. She is unopposed in the August 23 primary and the November 8 general election.
In 2009, Watts was re-elected to the Virginia House of Delegates. She defeated Joe Bury, Matt Cholko, and Jim Leslie in the General Election. 
|Virginia House of Delegates General Election, District 39 (2009)|
|Vivian Watts (D)||10,391|
|Joe Bury (R)||7,281|
|Matt Cholko (L)||580|
|Jim Leslie (I)||170|
The top 5 donors to Watts' 2009 campaign:
|Medical Society of Virginia||$4,500|
|Virginia Dental Assoc||$3,000|
|Northern Virginia Assoc of Realtors||$2,500|
|VTCA - PAC||$2,000|
- Delegate Vivian Watts official website
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Watts
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007, 2005, 2003, 2001, 1999
- State Surge - legislative and voting track record
- Richmond Sunlight profile
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
|Virginia House of Delegates District 39
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |