Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, New York, District 2|
|Bachelor's||Western Connecticut State College|
Falcone has been an adjunct instructor for the Developmental Studies Program at SUNY Farmingdale. She holds a bachelors in elementary education from Western Connecticut State College.
Falcone listed some of her campaign themes on her website:
- "It’s time to focus attention on America’s middle class who continue to struggle day after day. Let’s put people back to work with infrastructure projects including repairing roads, bridges, and crumbling highways; renovating older schools so they are safer as well as more energy efficient. We have to work together to ensure that we have enough police, firefighters, and qualified teachers working in our communities.
- It is fundamentally unacceptable to discriminate in any way. Every individual deserves to be respected and treated with equality and protection in accordance with our laws.
- As a former public school teacher, I believe that a quality, affordable public school education is the foundation for America’s future. In addition, post-high school (vocational school or college) is necessary as it is an investment in a strong economy, and in jobs thusly creating a nation prepared to face the challenges of the future.
- Long Islanders understand the importance of clean water, clean air and the preservation of our environment – including our beaches and shores. We need to ensure that our natural resources will be available for generations to come as these resources are an integral part of our local economy and livelihoods
- We need to ensure that all Americans have access to quality, affordable healthcare. Preventive care, cost containment and availability are essential for all citizens as we move our nation forward. Since Congress passed the Affordable Care Act, 3.1 million young Americans now have health insurance. We cannot go backwards – parents can keep their children on their health insurance plan through age 26, making health care more affordable.
- Respecting a woman’s right to make her own life and health decisions is paramount. I fully support access to a complete range of women’s reproductive healthcare. I also strongly believe in clinical and accurate reproduction/sex education as well as affordable contraceptives."
Falcone ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing New York's 2nd District. She sought the nomination on the Democratic and Working Families tickets. Falcone was unopposed in the June 26 Democratic primary. She lost to incumbent Peter King (R) in the general election.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Vivianne + Falcone + New York + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Falcone is married with two children.
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |