W. Jeff Evans
|W. Jeff Evans|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Virginia State Senate District 20|
|Carroll County Board of Supervisors|
|High school||Nuremburg American Independent High School|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
|Years of service||1973-1974|
|Birthday||January 9, 1956|
|Place of birth||Galax, VA|
Evans joined the United States Army in 1973. He then served in Schweinfurt, Germany. Upon his return, he began working a textile job and for a lumber company. Evans was then employed as a Virginia State Trooper from 1978 to 2002.
Evans ran for election to the Virginia State Senate in 2007 but was defeated.
- See also: Virginia State Senate elections, 2011
Evans ran in the 2011 election for Virginia Senate District 20. He faced incumbent Democrat Roscoe Reynolds and Republican Bill Stanley in the November 8 general election. Stanley, the previous District 19 incumbent, defeated Reynolds and Evans in the general election.
|Virginia State Senate, District 20 General Election, 2011|
|Democratic||Roscoe Reynolds Incumbent||45.6%||23,331|
|Independent||W. Jeff Evans||7.6%||3,887|
Evans' campaign website lists the following issues:
- Job Creation
- Excerpt: "Job creation is my number one priority once in Richmond. Without work for our citizens there can be no stability, health care, quality eduction, or hope for the future of our families and children."
- Excerpt: "I will work tirelessly to strengthen our current educational system and ensure that our young generation has a bright future."
- Excerpt: "Transportation is a key aspect if we are to attract more jobs to Southside. I will lead strongly to reduce wasteful spending, finish Route 58 which will connect Interstate 77 to Southside Virginia, and complete Interstate 73 starting in Henry County."
- Taxes And Spending
- Excerpt: "will refuse to vote for any tax increase which would bring further burden on our families and businesses."
- Second Ammendment
- Excerpt: "I am a concealed carry permit holder and member of the NRA. I will passionately defend our right to bear arms in Richmond."
- Right To Life
- Excerpt: "I belief that life begins at conception and am a strong advocate for the rights of the innocent unborn. I support defunding Planned Parenthood and will stand strong to ensure no tax dollars go toward the funding of abortions in our state."
- Excerpt: "I believe that marriage is a sacred institution between one man and one woman and will stand strong to preserve this institution in Richmond."
Evans and his wife, Janet, have two children.
- Jeff Evans' campaign website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Jeff Evans on Facebook
- Jeff Evans on Twitter