W. Steven Edmonds, Jr.
was an independent candidate
in the Florida State Senate election of 2010
for District 24
- See also: Florida State Senate elections, 2010
Edmonds lost to incumbent Thad Altman (R) in the November 2, 2010 general election.
| Florida State Senate, District 24 |
2010 General election results
| Thad Altman (R)
| W. Steven Edmonds (NPA)
On his campaign website, Edmonds lists four issues he is concerned about. They are:
- Excerpt: "We need to explore opportunities to revitalize our agricultural centers. Development needs to be focused not on sprawling or conquering more green areas, but on renewing urban, depressed areas and neighborhoods."
- Excerpt: "Most of all, I do not believe that universal standards are correct for every situation or district. Mandating programs and requirements without providing necessary funding is a reoccurring challenge in this state."
- Excerpt: "I am deeply saddened by the politicalization of environmental policy. Whatever happened to conservation and responsible stewardship? Why is it that we must be polarized between extremes? It does not need to be so convoluted and heated with every topic and issue raised."
- Excerpt: "Representative democracy or a Republic works only if every player, institution, branch, and person act in his or her own self interest. In recent history, our Republic has been consistently failing to provide for the needs and wants of the collective people. The reason is quite simple. The majority of the people have ceased for whatever reason to act in their own self-interests and peruse their needs and wants in the political process."