Alabama House of Representatives, District 30
Burns' professional experience includes working for Goodyear Tire and Rubber Co. for 32 years.
Burns' website listed the following campaign themes:
- Conservative Leadership
- Excerpt: "I have provided conservative leadership as Mayor of the City of Southside since 1999. I will continue to provide you with this leadership as your State Representative from District 30."
- Excerpt: "I have been and always will be a strong supporter of public education."
- Excerpt: "A State Representative can do very little to create jobs. What he or she can do is pass legislation that will make our state more business friendly to companies looking to locate in our district or state. "
- Excerpt: "I will not be an advocate for gaming in our state."
- Excerpt: "I will introduce legislation that will make our ethics laws stronger and enforceable."
- Pac to Pac Transfers
- Excerpt: "I will introduce legislation to stop the practice of pac to pac transfers."
- Excerpt: "Because our national leaders refuse to enforce our immigration laws, I will support legislation in Alabama that will be similar to the immigration laws just passed in Arizona."
- Pay Raise
- Excerpt: "I will never support a pay raise for the state legislators, as my opponent has done."
- Double Dipping
- Excerpt: "I am totally against any legislator working in the Alabama College System getting paid with taxpayer dollars and being paid with taxpayer dollars as a state legislator."
Burns was uncontested in the June 1 Democratic primary. He was defeated by incumbent Blaine Galliher in the November 2 general election.
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 30 General Election (2010)|
|Blaine Galliher (R)||10,979|
|Wally Burns (D)||4,153|
Burns and his wife, Retha, have three children.
- Project Vote Smart Biography
- List of Democratic candidates certified for the June 1, 2010 primary in Alabama
- The Wetumpka Herald, Senate, House elections will be critical
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|