Walter Bivins, Jr.
|Walter Bivins, Jr.|
|Missouri House Of Representatives District 97|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Bivins worked as an Engineering and Quality Manager for The Dow Chemical Company from 1961-1993, and was a Computer Programmer for the Louisiana Department of Highways from 1960-1961. He earned his BS from Louisiana State University and AS from Hinds Junior College.
Bivins served as Director of the Board of Education of Mehlville School District from 1997-2003. He is a member of the Concord Trinity United Methodist Church, Saint Louis County Chamber of Commerce, Dakville Township Republican Club, and the Tessom Ferry Township Republican Club. He is married and has 3 children.
- Energy and Environment (Chairman)
- Higher Education
- Senior Citizen Advocacy
- Special Standing Committee on Workforce Development and Workplace Safety
- Missouri Job Training Joint Legislative Oversight Committee
- Joint Committee on Restructuring Fees of the Clean Water and Storm Water Programs
Walter Bivins, Jr. raised $32,987 for his campaign.
|Missouri House of Representatives, District 97|
|Walter Bivins, Jr. (R)||10,848||56.3%|
|Jan Polizzi (D)||8,435||43.7%|
Listed below are the two largest contributors to Walter Bivins, Jr.'s 2008 campaign.
- Missouri House of Representatives - Rep. Walter Bivins, Jr.
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2004, 2002
|Missouri State House District 97
| Succeeded by|
State of Missouri
Jefferson City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor & Industrial Relations | Chairman of Public Service Commission |