|Wisconsin State Assembly District 93|
|2011 - Present|
|January 5, 2015|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire, 1978|
|Place of birth||Eau Claire, WI|
Petryk holds a B.A. in philosophy and music from the University of Wisconsin, Eau Claire. Prior to his election, Petryk was the Community relations coordinator for United Cerebral Palsy of West Central Wisconsin. He co-founded "The Memories" - a musical entertainment group.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Petryk served on the following committees:
|Wisconsin Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Aging and Long-Term Care|
|• Jobs, Economy and Mining|
|• Natural Resources and Sporting Heritage|
|• Veterans, Chair|
|• Workforce Development, Vice-chair|
|• Information Policy and Technology|
During the 2011-2012 legislative session, Petryk served on these committees:
|Wisconsin Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Aging and Long-Term Care, Vice Chair|
|• Jobs, the Economy and Small Business|
|• Veterans and Military Affairs|
Petryk's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- "Promoting a Pro-Business, Pro-Family Wisconsin"
- "Returning State Government to Conservative Fiscal Responsibility"
- "Controlling State Government Spending"
- "Reducing State Government waste, fraud and inefficiency"
- "Lowering State taxes"
- "Creating a more efficient, smaller, less obtrusive State Government"
- "Wise stewardship and management of our precious natural resources"
- "Protecting our Wisconsin children, elderly and people with disabilities"
- "Improving the lives of all residents of Western Wisconsin"
- "Supporting State legislation defending all of our U.S. Constitutional Rights"
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2012
Petryk won re-election in the 2012 election for Wisconsin State Assembly District 93. Petryk ran unopposed in the Republican primary on August 14 and defeated Jeff Smith in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 93, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Warren Petryk Incumbent||50.8%||15,612|
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2010
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 93 General Election (2010)|
|Warren Petryk (R)||11,080|
|Jeffrey Smith (D)||11,006|
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 93 Republican Primary (2010)|
|Warren Petryk (R)||1,728||39.17%|
|Isaac Weix (R)||1,091||24.73%|
Comprehensive donor information for Petryk is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Petryk raised a total of $203,944 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 7, 2013.
|Warren Petryk's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Wisconsin State Assembly, District 93||$163,478|
|2010||Wisconsin State Assembly, District 93||$40,466|
|Grand Total Raised||$203,944|
2012Petryk won re-election to the Wisconsin State Assembly in 2012. During that election cycle, Petryk raised a total of $163,478.
|Wisconsin State Assembly 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Warren Petryk's campaign in 2012|
|Republican Party-Eau Claire County||$2,000|
|Dunn County Republican Party||$1,000|
|Bauer, Jerry M||$700|
|Homstad, Jon N||$700|
|Kaiser, John A||$600|
|Total Raised in 2012||$163,478|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2010Petryk won election to the Wisconsin State Assembly in 2010. During that election cycle, Petryk raised a total of $40,466.
|Wisconsin State Assembly 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Warren Petryk's campaign in 2010|
|Tavern League of Wisconsin||$500|
|Fitzgerald For Assembly||$500|
|Schafer, Gordon R||$500|
|Wogahn, Brent M||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$40,466|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Petryk is single, and is a member of the Eau Claire Chamber of Commerce, Eau Claire Rod and Rifle Club, the National Rifle Association, and Pheasants Forever.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Warren + Petryk + Wisconsin + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Assembly bill unfairly restricts early voting - Chippewa Herald
- Taskforce on Rural Schools meets for first time - Chippewa Herald
- Veterans, the secret to bipartisanship in partisan Wisconsin politics - Watchdog.org
- 'Not a day in my life I don't think about it' - Chippewa Herald
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Warren Petryk on the Wisconsin State Assembly website
- Biography on Project Vote Smart
- Campaign website
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010
- Petryk on Facebook
- Petryk's profile on LinkedIn
- ↑ Twincities.com Pioneer Press, "Petryk takes on two-termer Smith in Wisconsin Assembly District 93" October 26, 2010
- ↑ Rivertowns.net, "93st Assembly District candidate responds to questions October 24, 2010
- ↑ Petryk campaign website
- ↑ Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Candidates on Ballot by Election - 2012 Partisan Primary 8/14/2012," retrieved June 12, 2012
- ↑ Official GAB primary results
- ↑ Wisconsin Government Accountability Board "November 2010 General Election Recounts"
- ↑ Wisconsin Government Accountability Board "Notice and Petition of Recount for 93rd Assembly District", November 9, 2010
- ↑ Wisconsin Government Accountability Board "November 2010 General Election Recounts" retrieved November 24, 2010
- ↑ followthemoney.org, "Petryk, Warren," accessed June 7, 2013
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 93
| Succeeded by|
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |
Wisconsin Supreme Court | Courts of Appeal | Circuit Courts | Municipal Courts | Wisconsin Commission Appointed Judicial Method Proposal | Wisconsin Judicial Commission | Wisconsin Supreme Court elections | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |