Washington's 10th Congressional District elections, 2014
November 4, 2014
August 5, 2014
Washington is one of three states to use a blanket primary, or top-two system, which allows all candidates to run and all voters to vote but only moves the top two vote-getters, regardless of party affiliation, to the general election.
Heading into the election the incumbent is Denny Heck (D), who was first elected in 2012.
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.
- Denny Heck - Incumbent
- Joyce McDonald: Former state Representative
- Jennifer Ferguson
- Sam Wright - Human Rights Party
|U.S. House, Washington District 10 General Election, 2012|
|Source: Washington Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
- United States House of Representatives elections in Washington, 2014
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2014
- National Conference of State Legislatures Website, "State Primary Election Types," accessed January 6, 2014
- Fair Vote, "Congressional and Presidential Primaries: Open, Closed, Semi-Closed, and 'Top Two,'" accessed January 6, 2014
- Ballotpedia research conducted December 26, 2013 through January 3, 2014 researching and analyzing various state websites and codes.
- Washington Redistricting Map "Map" accessed July 24, 2012
- Puyallup Herald, "Joyce McDonald to run for 10th Congressional District," accessed March 10, 2014
- The News Tribune, "Joyce McDonald to run for U.S. House," accessed March 10, 2014
- Washington.gov, "2014 Candidates Who Have Filed," accessed May 19, 2014
- Politico "2012 Election Map, Washington"