Washington's 1st Congressional District elections, 2014
November 4, 2014
August 5, 2014
Washington is one of 3 states to use a blanket primary, or top-two system, which allows all candidates to run and all voters to vote but only moves the top two vote-getters, regardless of party affiliation, to the general election.
Heading into the election the incumbent is Suzan DelBene (D), who was first elected in 2012.
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.
- Suzan DelBene - Incumbent
- Pedro Celis
- Ed Moats
- Robert Sutherland
- John Orlinski
- Richard Todd
- Mike the Mover - National Union Party
Incumbent Suzan DelBene (D) is a member of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee's Frontline Program. The program is designed to help protect vulnerable Democratic incumbents heading into the 2014 election.
Young Guns Program
Challenger Pedro Celis (R) is a member of the National Republican Congressional Committee's Young Guns Program. The program is designed to help candidates challenging incumbent Democrats in targeted races.
|U.S. House, Washington District 1 General Election, 2012|
|Source: Washington Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
On November 2, 2010, Jay Inslee won re-election to the U.S. House of Representatives, defeating James Watkins (R).
|U.S. House of Representatives General Election, Washington, Congressional District 1, 2010|
|Democratic||Jay Inslee Incumbent||57.7%||172,642|
- United States House of Representatives elections in Washington, 2014
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2014
- National Conference of State Legislatures Website, "State Primary Election Types," accessed January 6, 2014
- Fair Vote, "Congressional and Presidential Primaries: Open, Closed, Semi-Closed, and 'Top Two,'" accessed January 6, 2014
- Ballotpedia research conducted December 26, 2013 through January 3, 2014 researching and analyzing various state websites and codes.
- Washington Redistricting Map "Map" accessed July 24, 2012
- Washington.gov, "2014 Candidates Who Have Filed," accessed May 19, 2014
- Seattle Times, "Fellow Microsoft alum to run against DelBene for Congress," accessed March 1, 2014
- Herald Net, "Two Republicans emerge to challenge DelBene," accessed March 1, 2014
- Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, "DCCC Chairman Steve Israel Announces 2013-2014 Frontline Members," March 5, 2013
- The Washington Post, "House Republicans show California love with latest ‘Young Guns,’" June 10, 2014
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"