Washington's 2nd Congressional District elections, 2014
November 4, 2014
August 5, 2014
Cook Political Report: Solid Democratic
Sabato's Crystal Ball: Safe D
Washington is one of three states to use a blanket primary, or top-two system, which allows all candidates to run and all voters to vote but only moves the top two vote-getters, regardless of party affiliation, to the general election.
Heading into the election the incumbent is Rick Larsen (D), who was first elected in 2000.
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.General election candidates
August 5, 2014, primary results
|U.S. House, Washington District 2 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Rick Larsen Incumbent||61.1%||184,826|
|Source: Washington Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
|U.S. House of Representatives General Election, Washington, Congressional District 2, 2010|
|Democratic||Rick Larsen Incumbent||51.1%||155,241|
- United States House of Representatives elections in Washington, 2014
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Cook Political Report, "2014 HOUSE RACE RATINGS FOR AUGUST 1, 2014," accessed August 4, 2014
- Sabato's Crystal Ball, "2014 House Races," accessed August 4, 2014
- National Conference of State Legislatures Website, "State Primary Election Types," accessed January 6, 2014
- Fair Vote, "Congressional and Presidential Primaries: Open, Closed, Semi-Closed, and 'Top Two,'" accessed January 6, 2014
- Ballotpedia research conducted December 26, 2013 through January 3, 2014 researching and analyzing various state websites and codes.
- Washington Redistricting Map "Map" accessed July 24, 2012
- Washington.gov, "2014 Candidates Who Have Filed," accessed May 19, 2014
- Associated Press, "Washington - Summary Vote Results," accessed August 5, 2014
- Politico "2012 Election Map, Washington"
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"