Washington 1924 ballot measures
Revision as of 07:57, 17 September 2013 by RyanB
- Three of the measures were Initiatives to the People.
- One of the measures was a legislatively-referred state statute.
- One of the measures was a veto referendum.
- Two of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- One of the measures was approved and six were defeated.
On the ballot
|ITP||Initiative 49||Education||Compels children between seven and sixteen years of age to attend public school and prescribes penalties for not attending||
|ITP||Initiative 50||Taxes||Limits the annual rate of tax levy for general state, county, municipal, and school district purposes to 40 mills||
|ITP||Initiative 52||Energy||Allows municipalities to purchase and sell electricity and authorizes them to construct, operate and maintain electrical facilities||
|LRSS||Referendum 3||Energy||Authorizes municipalities to sell surplus electricity generated by municipal energy facilities||
|VR||Referendum 16||Food and Agri||Prohibits the manufacturing and selling of butter substitutes that contain any vegetable fat or other non-pure milk ingredients||
|Amendment to XI.5||Local Gov't||Authorizes the state legislature to categorize counties by population to better define the responsibilities of county officers||
|Amendment to XV.1||Transportation||Provides for the relocation of harbor lines without the state relinquishing control of waterways||