Washington 1975 ballot measures
Revision as of 09:30, 23 August 2013 by RyanB
- Two of the measures were Initiatives to the People.
- One of the measures was a legislatively-referred state statute.
- Three of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- One of the measures was approved and five were defeated.
On the ballot
|ITP||Initiative 314||Taxes||Reduces special school tax levies and replaces them with a 12% excise tax on corporations|
|ITP||Initiative 316||Death Penalty||Mandates the death penalty in cases of first degree aggravated murder|
|LRSS||Referendum 35||Elections||Mandates that the governor fill U.S. Senate vacancies with individuals of the same political party as the incumbent|
|SJR 101||Judiciary||Redefines the authorities of the Chief Justice, the Supreme Court and the District Courts; Establishes a judicial review committee and provides for certain case review rights|
|SJR 127||Legislature||Creates a commission to determine legislative salaries and legislators' electoral eligibility for other offices|
|HJR 22||Education||Provides governmental assistance for students of all educational institutions, rather than just public institutions|
- List of Washington ballot measures
- 1975 ballot measures
- List of ballot measures by year
- List of ballot measures by state
- Washington 1975 election results
- State of Washington 1975 Voters Pamphlet & Local Voters Pamphlet
- Spokane Daily Chronicle, "State Issues Lose by Wide Margins", November 5, 1975