Washington 1977 ballot measures
Revision as of 12:44, 22 August 2013 by RyanB
- Three of the measures were Initiatives to the People.
- One of the measures was an Initiative to the Legislature.
- Two of the measures were veto referendums.
- Four of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- Six of the measures were approved and four were defeated.
On the ballot
|ITP||Initiative 335||Obscenity||Adds "obscenity" to the criminal offense of "moral nuisances"||
|ITP||Initiative 345||Taxes||Exempts food products from the state and local sales tax||
|ITP||Initiative 348||Taxes||Repeals the 1977 variable motor vehicle fuel tax||
|VR||Referendum 39||Elections||Allows for voter registration by mail and absentee voting on one day's registration||
|VR||Referendum 40||Admin of Gov't||Establishes the Washington State Women's Commission||
|ITL||Initiative 59||Water||Limits the issuing of public water withdrawal permits for agricultural irrigation to farms of 2,000 acres or less||
|SJR 113||Judiciary||Grants district courts jurisdiction over cases involving more than $1,000||
|HJR 55||Transportation||Authorizes the legislature to establish passenger and freight transportation rates rather than just a maximum rate||
|HJR 56||Transportation||Authorizes the legislature to establish passenger and freight transportation rates based on more than mileage alone||
|HJR 57||Business||Permits railroad companies to share earnings within boundaries established by the legislature or the WUTC||
- List of Washington ballot measures
- 1977 ballot measures
- List of ballot measures by year
- List of ballot measures by state