Washington Abortion Rights, Initiative 120 (1991)
in Washington State
|Initiatives to the People|
|Initiatives to the Legislature|
|Statutes referred by Legislature|
|Political topics on the ballot|
|Laws • History • Constitution|
I-120 revised the state's abortion laws including a declaration that a woman's right to choose physician-performed abortion prior to viability of the fetus.
Path to the ballot
The language for the measure was filed on April 2, 1990 by Lee Minto of Seattle.
242,004 signatures were submitted, and the measure was certified to the Legislature on February 8, 1991.
The Legislature declined to act and as per laws governing the initiative process in Washington, I-120 was then put on the ballot for a statewide vote of the people.
Abortion on the Washington ballot
- Washington Early-term Abortion, Referendum 20 (1970)
- Washington Late-term Abortion, Initiative 694 (1998)
- Washington No Public Funding of Abortions, Initiative 471 (1984)
- 1991 State of Washington ballot measure election results
- 1991 Washington ballot measures details
- List of all Washington Initiatives to the Legislature
|state ballot measure article is a stub. You can help people learn by expanding it.|