Washington Compensation of Elected Officials, SJR 4 (1948)
|I • II • III • IV • V • VI • VII • VIII • IX • X • XI • XII • XIII • XIV • XV • XVI • XVII • XVIII • XIX • XX • XXI • XXII • XXIII • XXIV • XXV • XXVI • XXVII • XXVIII • XXIX • XXX • XXXI • XXXII|
The language that Amendment 20 added to the constitution was:
- "COMPENSATION OF STATE OFFICERS -- All elected state officials shall each severally receive such compensation as the legislature may direct. The compensation of any state officer shall not be increased or diminished during his term of office, except that the legislature, at its thirty-first regular session, may increase or diminish the compensation of all state officers whose terms exist on the Thursday after the second Monday in January, 1949."
In 1986, Article XXVIII was substantially revised.
Text on the Ballot
PROPOSED AMENDMENT to the Constitution to permit the legislature to fix the salaries of the elected state officials.
- Washington 1948 ballot measures
- 1948 ballot measures
- List of Washington ballot measures
- List of ballot measures by year
- List of ballot measures by state
State of Washington
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Public Lands | Director of Labor and Industries | Chairman of Utilities and Transportation |
|state ballot measure article is a stub. You can help people learn by expanding it.|