Difference between revisions of "Washington Director of Agriculture"
|Line 4:||Line 4:|
The current officeholder
The currentofficeholder [[Dan Newhouse]]. He position .
|Line 54:||Line 54:|
Revision as of 12:26, 15 March 2013
The director of agriculture is responsible for promoting and protecting agriculture and its dependent rural community in Washington state.
The office of the Director of Agriculture is established in the Washington Code.
Washington Code - 43.23.002:
|The executive and administrative head of the department of agriculture shall be the director. The director shall be appointed by the governor with the consent of the senate and shall have complete charge of and supervisory power over the department.|
|Qualifications, Compensation, Offices Which May Be Abolished. No person, except a citizen of the United States and a qualified elector of this state, shall be eligible to hold any state office...|
- a citizen of the United States
- a qualified elector in Washington
The director of agriculture is appointed by the governor with the consent of the Senate.
The director of agriculture is responsible for the development of markets for agricultural products, state and federal marketing programs, land utilization for agricultural purposes, water resources, transportation, and farm labor.
- See also: Compensation of state executive officers
Washington State Department of Agriculture
Natural Resources Building
P.O. Box 42560
1111 Washington ST SE
Olympia, WA 98504-2560
Phone: (360) 902-1800
- Washington State Department of Agriculture
- Washington State Department of Agriculture on Facebook
- Washington State Department of Agriculture on Twitter
- Yakima Herald-Republic, "Inslee appoints Okanogan County farmer as state’s new ag director," March 13, 2013
- Washington State Code, "RCW 43.23.002," accessed December 28, 2012
- Washington State Code, "RCW 43.23.030" accessed December 28, 2012
- The Council of State Governments,"The Book of States 2010 Table 4.11," retrieved June 7, 2011