Washington Director of Agriculture
|Washington Director of Agriculture|
|Office website:||Official Link|
|2011-2013 FY Budget:||$61,465,000|
|Authority:||Washington Code - 43.23.002|
|Selection Method:||Appointed by Governor|
|Assumed office:||April 1, 2013|
|Other Washington Executive Offices|
|Governor • Lieutenant Governor • Secretary of State • Attorney General • Treasurer • Auditor • Superintendent of Education• • Agriculture Commissioner • Insurance Commissioner• Natural Resources Commissioner• Labor Commissioner• Public Service Commissioner|
The director of agriculture is responsible for promoting and protecting agriculture and its dependent rural community in Washington state.
Hover took office April 1, 2013, replacing Dan Newhouse.
The office of the Director of Agriculture is established in the Washington Code.
Washington Code - 43.23.002:
|The executive and administrative head of the department of agriculture shall be the director. The director shall be appointed by the governor with the consent of the senate and shall have complete charge of and supervisory power over the department.|
|Qualifications, Compensation, Offices Which May Be Abolished. No person, except a citizen of the United States and a qualified elector of this state, shall be eligible to hold any state office...|
- a citizen of the United States
- a qualified elector in Washington
The director of agriculture is appointed by the governor with the consent of the Senate.
Note: Ballotpedia's state executive officials project researches the constitutional or statutory text that details the process of filling vacancies for a state executive office. That information for the Washington Director of Agriculture has not yet been added. After extensive research we were unable to identify any relevant information on state official websites. If you have any additional information about this office for inclusion on this section and/or page, please email us.
The director of agriculture is responsible for the development of markets for agricultural products, state and federal marketing programs, land utilization for agricultural purposes, water resources, transportation, and farm labor.
Note: Ballotpedia's state executive officials project researches state official websites for information that describes the divisions (if any exist) of a state executive office. That information for the Washington Director of Agriculture has not yet been added. After extensive research we were unable to identify any relevant information on state official websites. If you have any additional information about this office for inclusion on this section and/or page, please email us.
The budget for the Department of Agriculture in Fiscal Year 2011-2013 was $.
- See also: Compensation of state executive officers
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Washington State" + Agriculture + Director
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Former ag director outlines opportunities, challenges - Capital Press
- Apple sellers hope Chinese ban will end - Chinadaily USA
- Root rot threatens traditional Christmas fir trees - WNCN
- $170000 grant to support WSU Tri-Cities study of presidential appointees - TheNewsTribune.com
- Lower Yakima Valley groundwater group struggles to make progress on nitrate ... - Bellingham Herald
- The Rock Doc: Working together may be the key to weight loss - The Spokesman Review
- Requests outstrip state's finances - HeraldNet
- Startup Spotlight: Former Microsofties help grocers, restaurants turn food ... - GeekWire
- This labyrinth of seemingly disorganized plants is a rare find in South Louisiana. - The INDsider
- Record farm production in state last year - The Seattle Times
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Washington State Department of Agriculture
Natural Resources Building
P.O. Box 42560
1111 Washington ST SE
Olympia, WA 98504-2560
Phone: (360) 902-1800
- Washington State Department of Agriculture
- Washington State Department of Agriculture on Facebook
- Washington State Department of Agriculture on Twitter
- ↑ Yakima Herald-Republic, "Inslee appoints Okanogan County farmer as state’s new ag director," March 13, 2013
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Washington State Code, "RCW 43.23.002," accessed December 28, 2012
- ↑ Washington State Code, "RCW 43.23.030" accessed December 28, 2012
- ↑ Washington Office of Financial Management, "2011-13 Operating Budget," accessed April 4, 2013
- ↑ The Council of State Governments,"The Book of States 2010 Table 4.11," retrieved June 7, 2011