Washington Director of Labor and Industries
The director oversees the Department of Labor and Industries, which is responsible for the safety, health and security of Washington's workers.
The current officeholder is Judy Schurke. She has served in this position since 2007.
The office of the director of labor and industries is established in the Washington Code.
Washington Code - 43.17.020:
|There shall be a chief executive officer of each department to be known as: ...(3) the director of labor and industries...|
|Qualifications, Compensation, Offices Which May Be Abolished. No person, except a citizen of the United States and a qualified elector of this state, shall be eligible to hold any state office...|
- a citizen of the United States
- a qualified elector in Washington
The director of labor and industries is appointed by the governor with the consent of the Senate and holds office at the pleasure of the governor.
The director oversees the Department of Labor and Industries. Duties of the department include:
- Protecting the health and safety of workers
- Ensuring medical care financial help for injured workers
- Protecting workers wages, hours, breaks and more
- Protecting the public from unsafe work and economic hardship
Washington Department of Labor and Industries
P.O. Box 44000
Olympia, Wash. 98504-4000
7273 Linderson Way SW
Tumwater, Wash. 98501-5414
- Washington State Department of Labor and Industries
- Department of Labor and Industries on Twitter
- Department of Labor and Industries' YouTube channel