For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Washington Inheritance Tax on Insurance, Referendum 30 (1958)
The Washington Inheritance Tax on Insurance Act, also known as Referendum 30, was on the November 4, 1958 ballot in Washington as a veto referendum, where it was defeated, thus overturning the legislation. The measure would have made insurance payable upon death taxable under the inheritance tax.
|Washington Referendum 30 (1958)|
Election results via: Washington Secretary of State
Text of measure
The language that appeared on the ballot:
|“||INHERITANCE TAX ON INSURANCE PROCEEDS
AN ACT relating to revenue and taxation; providing that insurance payable upon the death of any person shall be taxable under the inheritance tax; providing that such tax shall be a lien upon the proceeds of the policy; amending section 115, chapter 180, Laws of 1935 as amended by section 5, chapter 202, Laws of 1939 and RCW 83.16.080; repealing section 1, chapter 134, Laws of 1931 as amended by section 2, chapter 184, Laws of 1945 and RCW 83.40.050.
Path to the ballot
- State of Washington ballot measure election results
- State of Washington 1958 Voters Pamphlet & Local Voters Pamphlet
- State of Washington History of Referendum Measures
- Office of the Secretary of State, "1958 Voters Pamphlet", accessed September 10, 2013
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Office of the Secretary of State, "History of Referendum Measures", accessed September 10, 2013
State of Washington
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Public Lands | Director of Labor and Industries | Chairman of Utilities and Transportation |