Washington Investment of Retirement Funds, SJR 5 (1968)
|I • II • III • IV • V • VI • VII • VIII • IX • X • XI • XII • XIII • XIV • XV • XVI • XVII • XVIII • XIX • XX • XXI • XXII • XXIII • XXIV • XXV • XXVI • XXVII • XXVIII • XXIX • XXX • XXXI • XXXII|
|“||Shall the Constitution of the state of Washington be amended by adding a new article and section permitting the moneys of any public pension or retirement fund to be invested in such manner as may be authorized by law?||”|
It was the 49th amendment approved to the Washington State Constitution subsequent to its adoption in 1889.
Amendment 49 added this language to Article XXIX:
- "MAY BE INVESTED AS AUTHORIZED BY LAW -- Notwithstanding the provisions of sections 5, and 7 of Article VIII and section 9 of Article XII or any other section or article of the Constitution of the state of Washington, the moneys of any public pension or retirement fund may be invested as authorized by law."
In 1985, Article XXIX was amended with Washington Investment of Workers Compensation Funds, Amendment 75 (1985).
- Washington 1968 ballot measures
- List of Washington ballot measures
- 1968 ballot measures
- List of ballot measures by year
- List of ballot measures by state
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Washington
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Public Lands | Director of Labor and Industries | Chairman of Utilities and Transportation |
|state ballot measure article is a stub. You can help people learn by expanding it.|