Washington Investment of Retirement Funds, SJR 5 (1968)
The Washington Investment of Retirement Funds Amendment, also known as Senate Joint Resolution 5, was on the November 5, 1968 ballot in Washington as a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment, where it was approved. The measure permitted the investment of public pension and retirement funds as authorized by law. The measure added Section 1 of Article XXIX to the Washington Constitution.
|Washington SJR 5 (1968)|
Election results via: Washington Secretary of State
Text of measure
The language appeared on the ballot as:
|“||Shall the Constitution of the state of Washington be amended by adding a new article and section permitting the moneys of any public pension or retirement fund to be invested in such manner as may be authorized by law?||”|
NEW SECTION. Article XXIX, section 1. Notwithstanding the provisions of sections 5, and 7 of Article VIII and section 9 of Article XII or any other section or article of the Constitution of the state of Washington, the moneys of any public pension or retirement fund may be invested as authorized by law.
- State of Washington ballot measure election results
- State of Washington 1968 Voters Pamphlet & Local Voters Pamphlet
- Washington State Constitution
- Office of the Secretary of State, "1968 Voters Pamphlet," accessed August 27, 2013
- Washington State Legislature, "Washington State Constitution," accessed August 27, 2013
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Washington
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Public Lands | Director of Labor and Industries | Chairman of Utilities and Transportation |