Washington Limit on Campaign Contributions, Initiative 134 (1992)
The Washington Limit of Campaign Contributions Initiative, also known as Initiative 134, was on the November 3, 1992 ballot in Washington as an Initiative to the Legislature, where it was approved. The measure limited campaign contributions, prohibited public finding of state and local campaigns, and restricted some campaign activities.
|Washington Initiative 134 (1992)|
Election results via: Washington Secretary of State
Text of measure
The language that appeared on the ballot:
|“||Shall campaign contributions be limited; public funding of state and local campaigns be prohibited; and campaign related activities be restricted?||”|
Path to the ballot
Sponsor Carl Erickson of Olympia filed 227,060 signatures to qualify the measure for the ballot to be sent to the legislature. When the legislature did not take action on the proposed legislation, the measure was placed on the ballot as provided by the state constitution.
- Washington 1991 ballot measures
- 1991 ballot measures
- List of Washington ballot measures
- List of ballot measures by year
- List of ballot measures by state
- State of Washington ballot measure election results
- State of Washington 1991 Voters Pamphlet & Local Voters Pamphlet
- List of all State of Washington Initiatives to the Legislature
- Office of the Secretary of State, "1992 Voters Pamphlet", accessed August 29, 2013
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Washington Secretary of State, "Initiatives to the Legislature", accessed August 29, 2013
State of Washington
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Public Lands | Director of Labor and Industries | Chairman of Utilities and Transportation |