Washington Maximum Interest Rate on Retail Sales, Initiative 412 (1982)
The Washington Maximum Interest Rate on Retail Sails Initiative, also known as Initiative 412, was on the November 2, 1982 ballot in Washington as an Initiative to the People, where it was defeated. The measure would have set a maximum annual interest rate for retail installment contracts at 12%.
|Washington Initiative 412 (1984)|
Election results via: Washington Secretary of State
Text of measure
The language that appeared on the ballot:
|“||Shall the maximum interest rate on retail sales be the higher of 12% or 1% over the federal discount rate?||”|
Path to the ballot
Initiative 412 was filed on January 4, 1982 by Marvin L. Williams and Lawrence G. Kenney of Seattle. 183,249 signatures were submitted to qualify it for the ballot. The measure was placed on the ballot as provided for by the state constitution.
- Washington 1982 ballot measures
- 1982 ballot measures
- List of Washington ballot measures
- List of ballot measures by year
- List of ballot measures by state
- State of Washington ballot measure election results
- State of Washington 1982 Voters Pamphlet & Local Voters Pamphlet
- List of all State of Washington Initiatives to the People
- Office of the Secretary of State, "1982 Voters Pamphlet", accessed August 20, 2013
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Washington Secretary of State, "Initiatives to the People", accessed August 20, 2013
State of Washington
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Public Lands | Director of Labor and Industries | Chairman of Utilities and Transportation |